Is the change of weather making you feel like hibernating?
Take the 100 Day Energy Boost Challenge and Recharge your Batteries
As my alarm went off this morning, I knew there must have been a mistake; it was still dark and, as I quickly noticed, cold. Brrr!
After the balmy 30 degrees C summer average, waking up this morning to a dark, post-storm sky and 10 degrees was too much for my sun-loving soul. I wanted to roll over and sleep all day, but kids to wake and a full day of clients and commitments forced me out of bed. I was tired and shell-shocked so I put the radio on in an attempt to stay awake. I stopped in my tracks as the presenter cheerily announced that there are just 100 days of this year left.
It hit me like a hammer; slip into hibernation autopilot until spring or make the most of these 100 days that I will never get back?
So, if your vision of the perfect winter is being snuggled up like a bear waiting for next spring, or if you just need to boost your energy reserves, here is my 100 day energy-boosting challenge. Read on for a 10 point plan to make these 100 days your best ever.
Your Step-by-Step 100 Day Energy-Boost Challenge
Grab something to make notes. You’re going to want to remember your answers.
- What really gives you energy. What activates/ed your ‘power-on switch’ – as a child, a teenager, an adult, at work, at home, for fun. What is the common theme? What is it that makes your heart sing? What’s lacking, forgotten or missing at the moment?
- Finish this sentence, “If everything were possible, the goal for my 100 Day Energy Boost Challenge would be…”Finish this sentence for some inspiration: “I could spring out of bed on even a cold, winter morning if I could just…
- Review and renew my relationships.
- Clarify my values and what is most important to me.
- Bring my future vision or purpose into focus.
- Live my life-mission more authentically and really ‘walk my talk’.
- Improve my health and wellbeing.
- Bring different life elements into balance.
- Balance give and take to create win/win.
- Understand myself and gain insight into my responses & actions.
- Find new solutions rather than feeling resigned to old problems.
- Take your answer from question 2 and rewrite your goal starting with: “I want (to/a)”. Now condense the rest of your goal into 6 words. Yes, just 6! It’s not easy but it does make you think deeply about what it really is that you want and need.
- Look at the words you’ve chosen. What do you really mean by them? What is the most important element for you? What would success in this area give you?
- Imagine you have succeeded; close your eyes and really feel what is different now in your: life, day, week, mood, behaviour, actions and interactions at work, at home, and, of course, energy levels.
- How would you feel going into the New Year having achieved this goal? What 3 new energy boosts would you gain?
- Imagine staying exactly as you are and changing nothing. How would you feel starting the New Year? What 3 energy zapping dementors will continue to suck your energy? Feel this too although, I warn you, this part can feel pretty uncomfortable but, if it does, it means you are on the right path!
- How satisfied are you currently when you think of your goal on a scale from 1-10? Consider the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
- What’s missing?
- What do you need?
- Who or what could support you?
- What could stop you and how can you plan for that?
- How achievable is this goal feeling? How can I make it more manageable?
- How will you stay motivated and accountable?
- Set yourself smaller milestones, e.g., 10 x mini goals at 10-day intervals. Give each mini-goal an achievability score from 1-10. If any fall below a 7 rethink it. How can you make it easier to succeed? You can break mini-goals into even smaller steps.
- Get yourself a 100 Day Challenge Buddy; a coach and a cheerleader to keep you motivated and accountable, share in your successes and help you celebrate. If you don’t have a coach, share this challenge with a friend and support each other. Keep your goal steps achievable and moving forwards and always remember to celebrate each success, however small.
Congratulations; You are ready to rock your way to the New Year and beyond
I would love to hear your goals! Drop me a line or give me a call and let’s support each other and have some fun while we charge our batteries up!